In the hot summer days – like we had all last week- I like to keep meals as simple as possible. I kept finding myself reaching for recipes in needs of fresh herbs just like this classic homemade tabbouleh recipe. It is quick and easy to make, chocked full of fresh herbs from my garden, and tossed with fresh organic lemon juice. You are going to love it !
Ingredients for 3 persons:
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous*
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup parsley
*Note: For a gluten free version, use quinoa.
1 . Prepare the couscous: In a large bowl, pour the boiling water over the couscous and cover with plastic wrap or a plate of the size of the bowl. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes until softened. If the couscous hasn’t absorbed the water or still tastes crunchy after this time, cover and let it sit for a few more minutes. Gently break apart and fluff the cooked couscous with a fork. Let it cool for 45 minutes.
2 . Tabbouleh: In your blender, combine the 3 tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, parsley, salt and pepper. Blend until it is smooth but don’t worry if there is still some chunk.
3 . Then combine the prepared couscous and this mixture and stir until well mixed. Add the cherry tomatoes. Leave in the fridge until serving.
Suggested Grocery List:
PIN IT !
orange & clementine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am not sponsored by any of these products, but am bringing you info on how to purchase them because I LOVE THEM!!!
Hope everyone is doing well. I just came back from my trip to the USA and it is now so sunny in Paris. It’s awesome ! On this Sunday I though a spring salad would be perfect. I pretty much used whatever I had in my fridge and it came out pretty nice.
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)
- 2 cups flour*
- 1 egg
- 2 cups bread crumbs*
*For a Gluten Free option use corn starch instead of the flour and cornflakes instead bread crumbs. You can go check out my gluten free Gluten Free Crunchy Chicken here.
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese slices
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
1 . The crunchy chicken : With a sharp knife, detail the chicken into strips. Add salt and pepper to the chicken pieces. Place the flour, the beaten egg and the bread crumbs in three different plates.
2 . Heat the oil in a saucepan. Dip the chicken strips into the flour, into the egg and finally into the bread crumbs to cover them completely. Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning them often enough to prevent them from burning.
After that, the salad comes together so FAST. Throw all ingredients into a bowl and dress with the reserved dressing. That’s kinda it.
3. Slice chicken into smaller pieces and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and finally chicken.
4 . Dressing: Mix the balsamic vinegar with olive oil. Drizzle with the dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
So today I decided to make this colorful & delicious salad which only use 4 ingredients: beets, walnuts, feta and spinach. You can either make it as a meal or as a side dish. Enjoy ! xx
Time prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 salads:
- 1 beet (if you buy it already cooked then skip step 1)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 10 ounces of spinach
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of feta cheese
- Scrub and trim the beet. Then, place the beet into a pot, and fill it with water. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 minutes, until the beet is tender. Drain and let it cool. Cut the beet into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing for the salad. You can use any other dressing if you like.
- Place a good amount of spinach onto each salad plate. Then add an equal amounts of beet cube over the spinach, and sprinkle the walnuts and the crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle each plate with the dressing. It’s done !
Pour la version française c’est par ici: Salade hivernale colorée